How to get a Stall at Portobello Market
There are two types of stall at Portobello Market, those run by the council - these are the ones on the public highway (that's the road, to you and me!) and those run by private landlords - these are the ones outside shops and down alleyways.
The council stalls are cheaper but much harder to come by, you need to apply to Kensington and Chelsea Street Trading Office.
If you are unable to get yourself a council stall then your only option is to go private ... which means you have to ask inside the individual shops and arcades, most of them will post a notice on their windows if they have space available.
There are several distinct sections of the market ...
- Antiques Section - from Chepstow Villas to Elgin Crescent
- Fruit and Veg - Elgin Crescent to Talbot Road
- New Goods - Talbot Road to the Westway
- Fashion Market - Street in General and Westway Area
- Second Hand Goods - Westway to Goldbourne Road